My MacBook Air Is an older version. The original OS is Snow Leopard but upgraded for free to Lion. The Lion did not registered as a purchase. I did not do a bootable DVD and want to download again. Can someone tell me how it can be done? I have a 2012 MacBook Pro with a built in DVD/CD player. My hard drive crashed so I had to get a new one and my computer was upgraded to Catalina. I am no longer able to use my DVD/CD player. Any suggestions. The CD, DVD, iPod is checked. More than that, as the DVD drive only play DVDs with the same region code, but via the ripping, you can feel free to play DVD on MacBook Pro/Air, iMac regardless of any region code. Step 1: Free download the free DVD ripper on Mac (32/64-bit macOS Sierra and earlier supported). But, here, we will focus on Macbook Pro and see how the process can be completed in easy steps. The article will take you to a journey of some best software to use for burning a CD on a Macbook Pro, starting with our all-in-one effective software for the task. How to Burn a CD on a Macbook Pro with Best Program; Part 2.
Many of the Blu-ray lovers want to watch Blu-ray movies with their Mac computer. Besides your Blu-ray disc, you must have the other two things to play Blu-ray movie on Mac: an external Blu-ray drive and a Blu-ray player software for Mac.
Today, we mainly focus on the Mac Blu-ray Player software and we are going to share the top 3 free Mac Blu-ray players to help you successfully play Blu-ray disc on macOS.
Before We Start - Professional Mac Blu-ray Player Recommend
If you want to get a better movie-watching experience, free tools usually are not able to do that. So, you may need a more professional Blu-ray Player for playing the BD disc on Mac. That's why we recommend VideoSolo Blu-ray Player before we start.
VideoSolo Blu-ray Player is the best one, which can successfully play Blu-ray disc, Blu-ray ISO files, and Blu-ray folders on Mac. It takes down the Blu-ray's region code and DRM (Digital rights management) to play without limitations. Additionally, it also provides a menu for you to take full control of the Blu-ray playback, such as adjusting the subtitles, audio tracks and titles. You can get this Mac Blu-ray Player below.
3 Steps to Play Any Blu-ray Movie Discs on Mac
Can I Download I Dvd On Macbook Pro Model
Note: Firstly, you need to connect your external BD drive with your MacBook Pro, iMac, etc. Then insert the Blu-ray disc to drive to let the Mac computer reads it.
Step 1. Launch the VideoSolo Blu-ray Player and choose 'Open Disc' button to load your Blu-ray movie.
Step 2. After finishing the Blu-ray movie loading, a Blu-ray menu will appear. Then, you can select the 'Subtitle', 'Audio Track' and 'Title' that your preferred. Or you can directly start watching the Blu-ray movie on Mac by clicking 'Play Movie'.
For More Detailed Guide, just read on:
Let's Begin - Top 3 Free Mac Blu-ray Player 2019
Top 1. VLC Media Player for Mac
You may be familiar with the VLC media player as it is the most popular video player for Mac users. Though VLC is a free and open source program, it can play most multimedia files as well as DVD, CD, VCD. Better still, the 2.0 and later version can perform as a Blu-ray player to help you play non-protected Blu-ray disc on Mac with some extra operations. Look for details from How to Play Blu-ray Movie with VLC on Windows & Mac.
• No spyware, no ads.
• Highly customizable.
• VLC does not yet support Blu-ray menus so you must manually select a title to play.
• Not all Blu-ray movies are supported.
• It needs extra steps to play the Blu-ray disc with VLC.
• There are some playback problems when playing commercial Blu-ray.
Does Macbook Pro Play Dvds
Top 2. Leawo Blu-ray Player for Mac
Leawo Blu-ray Player for Mac is a real Blu-ray player that can play Blu-ray discs, folders and ISO files on Mac. And it also provides the Blu-ray menu to let you fully control the media playback. But a big trouble is that it always crashed when start playing the Blu-ray disc. We have made a detailed review for Leawo Blu-ray Player. You can read from the link below: Review for Leawo Blu-ray Player – Play Blu-ray/DVD on Computer Freely.
• Support Blu-ray disc in all regions.
• Provide Blu-ray menu control.
• It will also fail to open some Blu-ray discs occasionally.
• It crashes at most of time, so you can't enjoy your Blu-ray movie at ease.
Top 3. Free Mac Blu-ray Player
The third program we will share is called Free Mac Blu-ray Player. It is a free tool for help users play Blu-ray disc/Blu-ray folder/Blu-ray ISO image file on Mac computer. It allows you to choose chapters, titles as well as audio tracks. But it has no Blu-ray menu support.
• No ads
• The Blu-ray disc loading speed is slow.
• It can't open the newly-released Blu-ray movie disc.
Macbook Pro Dvd Player
These 3 free Blu-ray player for Mac is the most famous free program in current market. I can't promise that they are workable and reliable, since every program has different troubles on different computer.
Therefore, getting a professional player like VideoSolo Blu-ray Player may be a safer choice. It has a support team which can help you solve any playback problem. It also offers 30 days money back guarantee if you don't satisfied with it.
What you need to install Windows 10 on Mac
- MacBook introduced in 2015 or later
- MacBook Air introduced in 2012 or later
- MacBook Pro introduced in 2012 or later
- Mac mini introduced in 2012 or later
- iMac introduced in 2012 or later1
- iMac Pro (all models)
- Mac Pro introduced in 2013 or later
The latest macOS updates, which can include updates to Boot Camp Assistant. You will use Boot Camp Assistant to install Windows 10.
64GB or more free storage space on your Mac startup disk:
- Your Mac can have as little as 64GB of free storage space, but at least 128GB of free storage space provides the best experience. Automatic Windows updates require that much space or more.
- If you have an iMac Pro or Mac Pro with 128GB of memory (RAM) or more, your startup disk needs at least as much free storage space as your Mac has memory.2
An external USB flash drive with a storage capacity of 16GB or more, unless you're using a Mac that doesn't need a flash drive to install Windows.
A 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro on a disk image (ISO) or other installation media. If installing Windows on your Mac for the first time, this must be a full version of Windows, not an upgrade.
- If your copy of Windows came on a USB flash drive, or you have a Windows product key and no installation disc, download a Windows 10 disk image from Microsoft.
- If your copy of Windows came on a DVD, you might need to create a disk image of that DVD.
How to install Windows 10 on Mac
To install Windows, use Boot Camp Assistant, which is included with your Mac.
1. Check your Secure Boot setting
Learn how to check your Secure Boot setting. The default Secure Boot setting is Full Security. If you changed it to No Security, change it back to Full Security before installing Windows. After installing Windows, you can use any Secure Boot setting without affecting your ability to start up from Windows.
2. Use Boot Camp Assistant to create a Windows partition
Open Boot Camp Assistant, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder. Follow the onscreen instructions.
- If you're asked to insert a USB drive, plug your USB flash drive into your Mac. Boot Camp Assistant will use it to create a bootable USB drive for Windows installation.
- When Boot Camp Assistant asks you to set the size of the Windows partition, remember the minimum storage-space requirements in the previous section. Set a partition size that meets your needs, because you can't change its size later.
3. Format the Windows (BOOTCAMP) partition
When Boot Camp Assistant finishes, your Mac restarts to the Windows installer. If the installer asks where to install Windows, select the BOOTCAMP partition and click Format. In most cases, the installer selects and formats the BOOTCAMP partition automatically.
4. Install Windows
Unplug any external devices that aren't necessary during installation. Then click Next and follow the onscreen instructions to begin installing Windows.
5. Use the Boot Camp installer in Windows
After Windows installation completes, your Mac starts up in Windows and opens a ”Welcome to the Boot Camp installer” window. Follow the onscreen instructions to install Boot Camp and Windows support software (drivers). You will be asked to restart when done.
- If the Boot Camp installer never opens, open the Boot Camp installer manually and use it to complete Boot Camp installation.
- If you have an external display connected to a Thunderbolt 3 port on your Mac, the display will be blank (black, gray, or blue) for up to 2 minutes during installation.
How to switch between Windows and macOS
Restart, then press and hold the Option (or Alt) ⌥ key during startup to switch between Windows and macOS.
If you have one of these Intel-based Mac models using OS X El Capitan or later, you don't need a USB flash drive to install Windows:
- MacBook introduced in 2015 or later
- MacBook Air introduced in 2017 or later3
- MacBook Pro introduced in 2015 or later3
- iMac introduced in 2015 or later
- iMac Pro (all models)
- Mac Pro introduced in late 2013 or later
To remove Windows from your Mac, use Boot Camp Assistant, not any other utility.
For more information about using Windows on your Mac, open Boot Camp Assistant and click the Open Boot Camp Help button.
1. If you're using an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) or iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) or iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) with a 3TB hard drive and macOS Mojave or later, learn about an alert you might see during installation.
2. For example, if your Mac has 128GB of memory, its startup disk must have at least 128GB of storage space available for Windows. To see how much memory your Mac has, choose Apple menu > About This Mac. To see how much storage space is available, click the Storage tab in the same window.
3. These Mac models were offered with 128GB hard drives as an option. Apple recommends 256GB or larger hard drives so that you can create a Boot Camp partition of at least 128GB.