Civilization 6 has been out for almost three years, with two major expansions released in the interim. But it’s still delivering surprises and delights. Sid Meier's Civilization VI launches (or unlocks if you pre-loaded) in just a few hours. The newest in Firaxis's Civilization line brings some of the biggest changes in the franchise - namely unstacked cities.
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI is the next entry in the award winning Civilization franchise, which has sold in nearly 33 million units worldwide, including more than 8 million units of Civilization V.Originally created by legendary game designer Sid Meier, Civilization is a turn-based strategy game in which you attempt to build an empire to stand the test of time. Become Ruler of the World by establishing and leading a civilization from the Stone Age to the Information Age. Wage War, conduct Diplomacy, advance your Culture, and go head-to-head with history’s greatest leaders as you attempt to build the greatest civilization the world has ever known.Civilization VI offers new ways to engage with your world: Cities which now physically expand across the map, active Research in Technology and Culture unlocks new potential, and competing Leaders will pursue their own agendas based on their historical Traits as you race for one of five ways to achieve Victory in the game.
The most recent game patch is Winter 2018 Patch (February 7th, 2018).
Create an account
Official Help Wiki
Civ 6 Amenities
- Expansive Empires: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Each City spans multiple tiles so you can custom build your cities to take full advantage of the local terrain.
- Active Research: Unlock Boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your Units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new Cultures.
- Dynamic Diplomacy: Interactions with other Civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations.
- Combined Arms: Expanding on the 'one unit per tile' design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with Infantry, or a Warrior with Settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful 'Corps' Units.
- Enhanced Multiplayer: In addition to traditional multiplayer modes, cooperate and compete with your friends in a wide variety of situations all designed to be easily completed in a single session.
- A CIV for all players: Civilization VI provides veteran players new ways to build and tune their civilization for the greatest chance of success. New Tutorial systems introduce new players to the underlying concepts so they can easily get started.
- Six DLC packs that add new civilizations, leaders, scenarios, and more.
Get Wiki Help
The Civilizations and known unique Leaders or Units / Buildings listed so far in Civilization VI. See Also: City-States.
|The Civilizations and their Leaders / Special Units / Agendas|
|Civilization||Leader||Leader Bonuses||Leader Agenda||Special Ability||Special Unit||Special Other||Special Infrastructure||Play Style|
|America||Roosevelt Corollary||Big Stick Policy||Founding Fathers||P-51 Mustang||Rough Rider|
|Film Studio (Building)|
|Arabia||Righteousness Of The Faith||Ayyubid Dynasty||The Last Prophet||Mamluk||Madrasa (Building)||Religion|
|Australia||Citadel of Civilization||Perpetually on Guard||Land Down Under||Digger||Outback Station (Tile Improvement)|
|Aztec||Gifts For The Tlatoani||Tlatoani||Legend of the Five Suns||Eagle Warrior||Tlachtli (Building)||Domination|
|Brazil||Magnanimous||Patron of the Arts||Amazon||Minas Geraes||Street Carnival (District)||Culture|
|China||The First Emperor||Wall of 10,000 Li||Dynastic Cycles||Crouching Tiger Cannon||Great Wall|
|Egypt||Mediterranean's Bride||Queen Of The Nile||Iteru||Maryannu Chariot Archer||Sphinx|
|England||Pax Britannica||Sun Never Sets||British Museum||Sea Dog||Redcoat|
|Royal Navy Dockyard (District)||Domination|
|France||Catherine's Flying Squadron||Ladies-In-Waiting||Grand Tour||Garde Impériale||Château|
|Germany||Holy Roman Emperor||Iron Crown||Free Imperial Cities||U-Boat||Hansa (District)||Science|
|Greece||Thermopylae||With Your Shield or On It||Plato's Republic||Hoplite||Acropolis (District)||Culture|
|Surrounded By Glory||Delian League||Plato's Republic||Hoplite||Acropolis (District)||Culture|
|Japan||Divine Wind||Bushido||Meiji Restoration||Samurai||Electronics Factory (Building)||Domination|
|Kongo||Religious Convert||Enthusiastic Disciple||Nkisi||Ngao Mbeba||Mbanza (District)||Culture|
|Macedon||To The World's End||The Hypaspists||The Hetairoi|
|Basilikoi Paides (Building)|
|Norway||Thunderbolt Of The North||Last Viking King||Knarr||Berserker||Viking Longship|
|Stave Church (Building)||Domination|
|Poland||Lithuanian Union||Saint||Golden Liberty||Winged Hussar||Sukiennice (Building)|
|The Pairidaeza (Building)|
|Rome||Trajan's Column||Optimus Princeps||All Roads Lead To Rome||Legion||Bath (District)||Domination|
|Russia||Grand Embassy||Westernizer||Mother Russia||Cossack||Lavra (District)||Culture|
|Scythia||People of the Steppes||Backstab Averse||Killer of Cyrus||Saka Horse Archer||Kurgan|
|Spain||El Escorial||Counter Reformer||Treasure Fleets||Conquistador||Mission|
|Sumeria||Adventures With Enkidu||Ally of Enkidu||Epic Quest||War-Cart||Ziggurat|
Added in Rise and Fall:
- Chandragupta - India alternate leader
- Genghis Khan - Mongolia
- Poundmaker - Cree
- Seondeok - Korea
- Wilhelmina - Netherlands
- Tamar - Georgia
- Robert the Bruce - Scotland
- Lautaro - Mapuche
- Shaka - Zulu
Expected Future Civilizations[editedit source]
Soon to be added in The Gathering Storm:
- Mathias Corvinus - Hungary
- Kupe - Māori
- Wilfrid Laurier - Canada
- Pachachuti - Inca
- Mansa Musa - Mali
- Christina - Sweden