- How to share via AirDrop from a post-2012 Mac to a pre-2012 Mac. If you have a post-2012 Mac around the house and want to send or receive files with an older model, you need to change your AirDrop settings. You can do that pretty easily by following these steps: Open an AirDrop window on the pre-2012 Mac.
- I have a variety of devices; iPhone X (13.3), iPad Air (12.4.4), 2011 Mac Mini (10.14.6), 2009 MacBook Pro (10.11.6), & i7 3770k Hackintosh (10.14.6). Everything is updated to the latest OS available for the machine. All are signed into my iCloud and otherwise work perfectly. My network is Ubiquiti USG and AP-AC-Pro.
- .iMac-Air: file from iMac to MacBook Air.Network Preferences pane - order of the network interfaces on left hand column. Test Scenarios for AirDrop from an iMac to a MacBook Air, both on 10.8 and eligible for AirDrop.
If you are done sharing files with AirDrop on the Macbook, simply close the AirDrop Finder window to stop allowing further transfers. Few things to note when you are having trouble: AirDrop requires a relatively new iPhone, iPad or Mac, Bluetooth must be activated and the devices must be within fair reach of each other.
Share content with AirDrop
- Open the file that you want to send, then click Share button in the app window. Or Control-click the file in the Finder, then choose Share from the shortcut menu.
- Choose AirDrop from the sharing options listed.
- Choose a recipient from the AirDrop sheet:
Or open an AirDrop window, then drag files to the recipient:
Airdrop For Macbook
- Select AirDrop in the sidebar of a Finder window. Or choose Go > AirDrop from the menu bar.
- The AirDrop window shows nearby AirDrop users. Drag one or more documents, photos, or other files to the recipient shown in the window.
Turn On Airdrop Macbook Air
You can also share content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Receive content with AirDrop
When someone nearby attempts to send you files using AirDrop, you see their request as a notification, or as a message in the AirDrop window. Click Accept to save the files to your Downloads folder.
If you can't see the other device in AirDrop
Make sure that your devices meet these requirements:
- Both devices are within 30 feet (9 meters) of each other and have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.
- Each Mac was introduced in 2012 or later (excluding the 2012 Mac Pro) and is using OS X Yosemite or later. To find out, choose Apple menu > About This Mac.
- Each iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is using iOS 7 or later, with Personal Hotspot turned off.
Download Airdrop For Macbook Airpods
Make sure that your devices can receive AirDrop requests:
Airdrop On Mac
- Choose Go > AirDrop from the menu bar in the Finder, then check the ”Allow me to be discovered by” setting in the AirDrop window. iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch have a similar setting. If set to receive from Contacts Only, both devices must be signed in to iCloud, and the email address or phone number associated with the sender's Apple ID must be in the Contacts app of the receiving device.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Security & Privacy. Click the Firewall tab, then click the lock and enter your administrator password when prompted. Click Firewall Options, then deselect “Block all incoming connections.”