- Download the ZIP by clicking on the Clone or download button on the right and clicking Download ZIP. Once the ZIP has downloaded, extract its contents. Open System Preferences Keyboard Text.
- Just click on any Emoji images you need and download from there. All images we have can be used in different situations. You can use them in your school project, such as power point presentation, you can use them to create your own emojis.
It’s a good way to search the limits of Mac emojis when you are first beginning to use the Character Viewer. An even larger version of the Character Viewer is available in System Preferences for.
Enable Emoji Keyboard for macOS 💻
How to use Emojis On macOS
Follow these instructions to use emojis on a Mac. It’s quick, and built in. View this tutorial on YouTube or read on for step-by-step instructions.
These instructions created on macOS 10.12 Sierra, but also apply to macOS 10.13 High Sierra, macOS 10.14 Mojave, macOS 10.15 Catalina and macOS 11 Big Sur.
To use emojis on previousreleases of OS X such as El Capitan, check out the relevant guide. The following instructions are for macOS 10.12 Sierra, released in late 2016.
1. Go to any text field, then press the following keys at the same time:
- Control ^
- Command ⌘
Alternatively, this same feature is available under Edit > Emoji & Symbols
2. An emoji insertion palette will appear. Click any emoji to insert it at the location of your cursor.
3. If you want to see more emojis, either scroll up and down the list, or click another category listed at the bottom of the palette.
4. Tip: If you click-and-hold on some emojis, you get a choice of skin tone. Release on the skin tone of your choice:
Note: Only some emojis are enabled for diverse skin tones. This is mostly the human-looking characters. Families and emojis with more than a single person do not support skin tone modifiers.
Create a palette
To insert more than one emoji without the picker disappearing each time, you need to turn the picker into a palette.
Drag and drop any of the empty space in the emoji picker interface to create a floating emoji palette. This can be placed anywhere on your screen, and closed by clicking the X close button.
Copy and Paste
To see a larger version of these emojis, or to copy and paste an emoji, view all emojis in Safari:
The order that the emojis are listed in has changed from previous versions of OS X. New categories exist, and this is what they look like.
See this video of using emojis on OS X 10.11.2 Sierra on YouTube.
Emojipedia is primarly a web-based emoji resource, but we do have some apps that might interest you.
Created with great help from others, we bring you Emojipedia for Mac (created by Matt Sephton) and Flags App for iOS (created in partnership with Quartz).
There is no official Emojipedia app for iOS or Android. You can pin Emojipedia to your home screen on either platform to allow one-tap access to our search from your home screen.
💻 Emojipedia for Mac
Lookup the details of any emoji directly from your Mac. Emojipedia for macOS uses the built-in Dictionary provided by Apple, but adds a custom lookup for emoji information.
The quickest installation is available by downloading Dictionaries.app, which makes finding additional sources for the macOS dictionary a one-click installation.
1. Download Dictionaries.app and run it
2. Click 'Add Dictionary'
3. Select Emojipedia and Click 'Add'
4. Once installed, Force Touch any emoji, or choose 'Look up' from a conextual menu.
Emojipedia for Mac was created by Matt Sephton. Learn more about the app, how it was created or view the repository on Github.
Apple Emoji Keyboard Download
🎌 Flags Keyboard for iPhone
Quickly access all the flag emojis supported by iOS with the Flags Emoji Keyboard App for iPhone. Built with love by Quartz in partnership with Emojipedia.
This simple keyboard gives you easy access to almost every country flag in the world—and lists the country name next to each flag (to help avoid any 😬 embarrassing situations using the wrong flag).
Countries are listed in alphabetical order, and as you use the keyboard, recently used flags will appear at the top. Flags is a free download:
For speedy access to the Flags emoji keyboard, press and hold the 🌐 globe key, and choose Flags.
Download Emoji For Macbook Free
💬 iMessage Stickers
Browse the Emojipedia sticker packs for iOS.