7 Lion did away with recovery disks, and these days, Apple provides a built-in recovery system within Yosemite. Start your Mac and hold Command + R to go into recovery mode, from which. This downloads as a disk image named InstallMacOSX.dmg. On a Mac that is compatible with El Capitan, open the disk image and run the installer within, named InstallMacOSX.pkg. It installs an app named Install OS X El Capitan into your Applications folder. Supports the latest Macs with Fusion drives while still supporting many PowerPC models. We put in extra effort to continue support all the way back to Mac OS X Leopard (10.5.8). Supports MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, iMac Pro, Mac mini and Mac Pro. Startup 9.2.1 repairs problems that may occur when Mac OS 9.1 and Mac OS X are on the same partition and a version earlier than Startup 9.2 has been used. Perform MacBook Air Hard Drive Data Recovery in 3 Steps Step 1 Install and launch Wondershare data recovery for mac on your Macbook Air If your MacBook Air can still work, you just need to install Wondershare data recovery for mac on it. After running the program, you’ll get an interface with some recovery options.
- Download Macbook Air Recovery Disk Imager
- Internet Recovery Macbook Air
- Macbook Air Recovery Mode
- Imac Recovery Disk Download
Summary: Are you dealing with a crashed Mac or unable to boot your Mac machine?
Before you think of reinstalling macOS or doing a hardware fix, ensure that you’ve rescued your data from the device.
This blog will guide you through an easy process of creating a bootable macOS Mojave USB install drive or a recovery USB drive using Stellar Data Recovery for Mac software.
The USB recovery drive will help you to recover the data from your crashed or non-booting macOS. So go ahead, download the free software trial now.
Minimum requirement: 8 GB USB flash drive, Mac, and Mojave installer.
- Download macOS Mojave 10.14 from App Store.
- When the download completes, quit the installer, as it will launch itself automatically.
- Locate the installer from the Applications folder (copy it to the desktop if you desire).
- Connect the USB flash drive with at least 8 Gigabytes storage space to your Mac.
- Open Terminal and enter the next command: sudo (drag and drop the installer from application folder to locate its path) –volume (drag and drop the USB flash drive from the Mac volumes to specify its path) –nointeraction –downloadassets
Warning: The command erases the flash drive so check there are no stored files; backup the files, if they exist, before executing the sudo command.
- Type the administrator password when prompted. The Terminal creates the installer drive on the opted USB flash drive.
Note: Erase the flash drive to HFS+ (Mac OS Extended (Journaled)) but not APFS.
Usage of USB Install Drive
- Backup the entire drive before performing a clean install on your Mac machine.
- Connect the USB install medium.
- For T2 security chip supported by 2018 MacBook Pros and iMac Pros, you need to “allow booting from external media” from Startup Security Utility. Alternatively, hold the option key and reboot the Mac then use the arrow key to select the USB flash drive as an installer.
- Allow the computer to boot from the USB flash drive. Deploy the macOS Mojave software.
Download Macbook Air Recovery Disk Imager
- When Apple releases newer Mojave versions, re-download the new installer and recreate installer drive to keep it up to date.
- Keep the installer drive on a safe place so that you can use it as an external recovery drive when your Mac gets into trouble.
Data Recovery on macOS: Why We Need It Here
Internet Recovery Macbook Air
While performing macOS upgrade or fresh installation, you must back up data to an external storage medium. Backup helps to restore all the data back to Mac’s internal storage drive, containing the new macOS. If you do not have a backup, then you end up losing all your data stored in the Mac drive. This is because, during macOS installation, the installer erases the startup partition completely or the entire storage drive, depending upon your choice during installation.
If No Backup: What Is the Recourse?
There are chances that you did not take backup to an external backup drive, or in the rare case, the backup itself was lost, damaged, or unavailable. In such scenarios, you can rely on a data recovery software—such as the editor’s choice Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac—that can recover your lost data after macOS Mojave installation. The software works flawlessly with the older & newer version of MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, iMac Pro, and Mac Mini etc.
The Process of Data Recovery
Macbook Air Recovery Mode
The process of data recovery is straightforward. Follow the steps mentioned below to get back the data stored in the drive—erased completely after installing the new macOS Mojave:
1. Download and install the Mac data recovery utility on the same system where you have installed the new macOS Mojave (due to the negligible storage requirement of the utility).
2. Alternately, you can download and install the utility on a different Mac machine, then connect the internal drive as an external device by removing it from the affected Mac.
3. Launch the data recovery software to interact with its lucid graphical user interface.
4. In the Recover Data module, select the type of data and the location of the storage drive.
5. Toggle on the Deep Scan switch from the bottom left and click the Scan
6. Allow the scan to complete, which may take some time—depending on the storage size and the condition of the affected drive.
7. Preview the recoverable files if you want, then select all the required files and click the Recover
8. Specify a different external backup drive with size greater than the drive where you are performing the data recovery then click Save.
When the save process is complete, verify the recovered data from the backup storage drive. Copy the files back to your Mac or an externally used Mac drive (reconnect the drive to the Mac once the restoration process is over).
Activation of the Software
You must activate Stellar Data Recovery Professional on your Mac in order to save the recoverable files. The free download version of the software is a good way to know the software’s interface, scan your drive, and preview the recoverable files.
Watch the activation video of Stellar Data Recovery Professional to know how to activate the software and use its complete functionality, including the complementary Drive Monitor, on your iMac or MacBook system.
The blog highlighted the need for recovery drive, steps to create a bootable USB flash drive, and usage of the drive for installing the new macOS Mojave 10.14 in one or multiple computers. The drive acts as an external recovery drive in case your Mac fails to boot. In addition, the drive acts as a means to fresh install the drive to boost the performance of your slow, virus-infected, or troubled Mac. The blog also suggested a data recovery software that can help recover data lost due to macOS Mojave installation on your desktop or notebook computer.
Accidentally deleted, formatted or lost files on Mac hard drive, USB flash drive, memory card or SD card? Download Recuva for Mac software and do it yourself to recover lost, deleted, formatted data from Mac OS X and macOS easily and quickly. With a few simple clicks, you can perform a full Mac data recovery with the no.1 Recuva alternative for Mac.
Here Recuva for Mac Alternative is available. It is helpful for Mac deleted file recovery, Mac format recovery, Mac partition recovery, and all other complex data loss cases. Now just download the best Recuva alternative for Mac to fully recover your lost photos, videos, emails, music files, documents, etc on Mac with ease.
Why Is Recuva for Mac Alternative?
Before introducing how to recover data with Recuva for Mac, let's first learn what Recuva for Mac is and what it can do for you.
Imac Recovery Disk Download
Recuva is one of the most popular free data recovery software from Piriform Ltd. Whenever files are deleted, formatted, corrupted or missing from a hard drive or removable media such as USB flash drive, memory card, pen drive, digital camera, Android SD card, and an MP3 player, Recuva can help you get them back with ease. With its excellent performance in Mac data recovery, the demand for Recuva for Mac is huge on the internet.
However, Recuva is only for Windows currently and there's no official Recuva for Mac users.
What's The Ideal Recuva for Mac Data Recovery Software?
Therefore, if you search Recover for Mac online, even you get a searching result with ads for Recuva for Mac, they are not the original software produced by Piriform.
As many apple users tried, all they get is alternative software to Recuva for Mac. Regarding the fact that there is no official Recuva for Mac software, how to find a reliable Mac data recovery software that has all the features of Recuva to retrieve lost data on Mac?
Download the No.1 Recuva for Mac for Free
If you search Recuva for Mac on Google, you will find out that it is not an easy task to select the best one that can perform the same or even better than Recuva for Mac.
Here, to make the job easier, we would like to recommend you try EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free. Being powerful, safe and easy-to-use, the program is the best Recuva for Mac alternative. It works with the recovery of lost, deleted, formatted, or corrupted files/folders that Recuva data recovery software would do.
Also, it's 100% free and fully compatible with the macOS and Mac OS X above 10.8.
How to Use Recuva for Mac to Recover Lost Data
With this software, to recover deleted word files on Mac, recover deleted emails on Mac or retrieve other files can do simply done on your own in a few simple clicks. Now you can download and apply it to fully restore lost files.
Step 1. Select the disk location (it can be an internal HDD/SSD or a removable storage device) where you lost data and files. Click the 'Scan' button.
Step 2. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac will immediately scan your selected disk volume and display the scanning results on the left pane.
Step 3. In the scan results, select the file(s) and click the 'Recover Now' button to have them back.