How to Mirror Android Screen to Mac
ApowerMirror is probably the most comprehensive mirroring program you’ll ever find on the web. It allows you to cast multiple Android devices to Mac and mirror your content to a bigger screen in real-time. It supports streaming of movies, music, pictures, documents, games or literally everything on your phone. The app also has to capture tools to help you record screen activities or take snaps and a whiteboard marker for doodling or annotating. When you’re busy with your computer, you may turn on the Notification access on the app, so you’ll receive text alerts on your monitor. Here are the steps on how to mirror Android to mac.
- First, download and install ApowerMirror on your Mac.
- On your Android, proceed to the Google Play Store and search for ApowerMirror. Install the mobile version of the app.
- Once you’re done installing the app, launch it and connect your phone with a USB cable. Enable USB debugging mode then click on “Start Now” when prompted. You may also connect wirelessly by tapping the M blue button on the mobile app.
- After connecting, you can use your mouse and keyboard to control your phone. You can click on the buttons from the side bar to access the other functions like full screen mode, screen recorder, and whiteboard marker.
But, in the end, Android phones make it super easy to transfer your data to an Apple computer. In fact, some would say that it's easier to move files from Android to a Mac than from an iPhone. Open Android File Transfer on Mac then look for the location of the pictures. You will most likely find them in the Camera folder under DCIM. Create a folder on Mac and select the photos you wish to transfer then drag them over to the folder. Having your pictures backed up is a big deal. I knwo those precious memories aren't something we ever want to worry about losing. To back these up on the G5 you would just use the Android File Transfer tool.
Another tool compatible with Mac is LetsView. This versatile tool works across all device platforms. What is good about the tool is that it is for free, you do not need to create an account to use it. You can enjoy the tool with unlimited use without any restrictions. You can also maximize other features infused on the tool. You screen capture if you want to capture the specific scene, screen record the screen and annotate to emphasize specific parts while mirroring. To mirror Android to Mac, here is a simple guide you can follow.
- First, download and install the app on your Mac using the download button below. As for your phone, you can visit PlayStore to install it.
- Next, connect your phone and your Mac under the same Wi-Fi network.
- Once the name of your PC appears on your phone, tap it and the mirroring will begin.
Another application you can use to cast your Android device to Mac is AirDroid. Actually, this became popular for its ability to transfer files between devices. But, it’s not the only feature of the app; it includes a mirroring function for your phone screen. This lets you access your Android for free; however, you need to sign in for an account. Like ApowerMirror, it can record your screen from your computer however; it also has a built-in screen recorder from the mobile app. Hence, you may choose if you want to use your PC or do it directly on your phone. This might seem like a good app to use; however, it does not allow you to control your Android using your PC. You’ll need a different app plus a rooted device to enjoy this feature. Anyhow, follow the instructions below to mirror Android to Mac.
- Download AirDroid on your Android device and sign in to an account.
- On your computer, install AirDroid and log in using a similar account on your phone. Connect your devices on the same Wi-Fi network and wait for your computer to recognize your device.
- At this point, go to the main interface of the program and click on your phone under “My devices” and choose “View Only Mode”. Hit “Start Now” to initiate the mirroring process.
Tip: You may also click on “Remote Camera” to access your phone camera from your desktop, AirIME to use your computer keyboard on your phone, and AirMirror to control Android.
Vysor is an application you can find on your Chrome extension. It enables you to project your mobile devices on your monitor and lets you control it with your mouse and keyboard. With this, you can cast videos, pictures, music, play games, and manage your device on your monitor. Vysor comes in two versions: free and premium. While you may use the free version to send your Android to Mac, you won’t be able to record screen, change the resolution of your mirrored device, and remove ads. These functions are only available when you get the paid version of the app. Nonetheless, you can take screenshots, enable notifications and do some basic work. Refer to the guide below to share Android screen on mac.
- To begin, install Vysor on your Android device and connect it to your PC with a USB cable.
- After that, open your browser and head over to the Chrome Store. Search for Vysor and download it to your computer.
- Navigate to your Chrome applications and click on Vysor. From the new pop-up window, select your phone from the detected devices. If you do not see your phone on the list, simply hit “Find Devices” then choose your Android from the options.
- Finally, hit “Ok” to begin the mirroring process.
Generally, you may choose between these recommendable applications to display Android on Mac. To compare, all the aforementioned apps have capturing tools that allow you to record screen. However, AirDroid only allows you to mirror your phone, meanwhile Vysor and ApowerMirror offer you the capability to control your Android with your mouse and keyboard.
There is a good chance that if you have a MacBook Pro, you also have an iPhone. People who are fans of Apple devices seem to get more than one as they are similar to operate and easily integrate different features with one another in different ways. If you’re an Apple fan like me, you might even have more than two devices. Let’s see, in addition to my MacBook and iPhone, I also have an iPad and an iMac. Too much?
The most common two Apple device setup is probably an iPhone and a MacBook. These two devices can go hand and hand especially with some things that we use everyday like the camera. It’s easy to transfer any and all photos or videos you take from your iPhone onto your MacBook in a few simple steps. This article will show you all you need to know to get your photos from your phone onto your Mac computer.
Iphone Photos To Macbook Pro
Why Transfer Photos from iPhone to MacBook?
Many people who own iPhones might never transfer their photos and videos they take from the phone to the MacBook. In this day and age, it’s really easy to leave all of your images on your phone as storage capacities and phone capabilities have really improved. Even if this seems like you, it’s still a good idea to know how to transfer your data to a computer if for any reason you decide to in the future. That being said, here are the main reasons to transfer images:
Some iPhones, depending on the model and capacity, just don’t offer a lot of storage. This means you can easily fill up the storage limits on your phone after taking a few hundred photos, which is really easy to do, especially if you’re a photographer! Even though some models can be equipped with large storage capacity, you’ll want to keep space on your phone for other things like apps, music, videos or other images.
Whether you only know the basics of photography or consider yourself a full-time and professional photographer, you’ll want the ability to edit any photos you take. While new software on the iPhone makes this better than ever on your phone, a proper photo editing program is what the real pros use and you’ll only be able to do that if you transfer your photos from your phone to your Mac.
Another reason to transfer your photos from your iPhone to your MacBook Pro is to make backup copies of all the images. In the event you lose your phone, it becomes inoperational, or gets stolen, having a backup copy of all the photos and videos you have is important. It would be terrible to lose all of those memories and without backing up the images, you just might. You could back up to an external hard drive as well but your MacBook Pro can serve the same purpose.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to MacBook Pro
Ok, if you are ready to transfer your photos from your phone to your Mac for the reasons above or any other, follow the steps below. Depending on how many images are on your phone, this process could take some time, so it’s a good idea to have your phone and your MacBook both plugged into a power source while making the transfer happen. If you are only transferring a few photos, you shouldn’t have to worry about that.
Lighting-to-USB Cable Transfer
This is one of the most common ways to transfer your images from your iPhone to your Mac and is really easy to do. A Lightning-to-USB cable is simply the charging phone for your iPhone. The Lighting plugin will go into your phone and the USB end will plug into your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your MacBook Pro using a Lightning-to-USB cable.
- Unlock your phone and confirm it recognizes the Mac if prompted.
- The Photos app on your MacBook should open once the connection is made, open this app, if not, and select your iPhone from the window on the left.
- You should see all of your images and videos in the camera roll on the Photo app.
- Click Import All New Items in the top right-hand corner of the camera roll or go through and select certain photos/videos that you wish to transfer.
AirDrop is another easy way to transfer all of your images over to your computer. You need to make sure that your Bluetooth is turned on on both your iPhone and MacBook Pro for AirDrop to work correctly.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings.
- Touch General.
- Touch AirDrop.
- Make sure the AirDrop is set to Everyone.
- On your MacBook open the Finder.
- Click Go on the top menu.
- Click on AirDrop.
- The AirDrop window in the Finder will open, click on Everyone in the bottom portion of this window.
- The two devices should now recognize each other and you can continue with the transfer.
- Open your Photos app on your Phone.
- Select all of the images you wish to transfer.
- Touch the sharing button in the bottom left corner.
- Once you see a pop up on your MacBook asking about the photo transfer, click Accept.
- Your transfer of images from your iPhone to MacBook is now complete.
As you can see, it’s easy to transfer all of your images from your iPhone to your MacBook Pro in only a few steps. There are a few other methods that will work, including using a third-party app like iMazing that helps with the process, but the two listed here will get the job done in no time. It’s good to make a backup of any important files and by transferring your photos from your phone to your MacBook Pro, you’ll be sure to still have them if something bad happens.
Download Pictures From Droid To Macbook Pro Model
How many photos do you have on your phone? Have you ever transferred them to a MacBook?