The phonograph was the earliest machine capable of reproducing and recording sound, and in some form or another, the turntable along with vinyl records has endured where other, more recent formats. Phonograph record Disc jockey, record player PNG size: 600x600px filesize: 56.45KB MacBook Pro Final Cut Pro X Apple Video editing, cut PNG size: 1024x1024px filesize: 606.52KB Disc jockey Music Remix Song, disk jockey PNG size: 700x700px filesize: 1.87MB. Step by step – how to copy vinyl to your computer 1. Install audacity. Audacity is a free piece of software. Head to the Audacity website and click the download link (for Windows or Mac) in the centre of the page, and then double-click the.exe or.dmg file to install it. Configure your audio settings. Tools for Getting Your Vinyl Records into iTunes, John Hatchett, Recycled Computing, 2008.05.28. The old LPs longed to be played, but how do you use your old record player with your Mac?
The MacBook Pro is Apple’s flagship when it comes to performance and elegance in the laptop market. But despite the high-end hardware, sometimes you will need it for small things like audio recordings. Listening to a speech that you are practicing, recording a university course that is too dense with information or your favorite online radio show are just a few instances. There are several ways to successfully record audio on MacBook Pro and we will go through some of the most reliable ones.
Simple Ways for Recording Audio with MacBook Pro
QuickTime is well known for its video and music playback capabilities. But most of Mac users don’t know it also provides some additional features like audio recording. Since it is the pre-install software on MacBook Pro, you can begin the recording task directly. For your reference, here are the steps to follow:
- Open the QuickTime Player which you can find in the “Applications” menu.
- Pull down the “File” menu and choose “New Audio Recording”.
- Click the red icon to begin the audio recording, then you will see the duration and size of recorded audio.
- Press the same button to stop your recording.
- Click “File” and then “Save”, giving a name to the new audio file.
That’s all it takes to record sound on MacBook Pro using QuickTime. However, you should keep in mind that there is an obvious disadvantage with this method. Bear in mind that QuickTime will only record voice from the default microphone. In case you want to record audio from soundcard, things will get a bit more complicated. You will need to install and configure Soundflower to record audio from other channels. In this case, if you want more flexibility, just check the methods below.
2. Apowersoft Audio Recorder for Mac
For the one who needs a more comprehensive audio recorder for MacBook Pro, Apowersoft Audio Recorder for Mac may be exactly what you need. This neat program is really easy to use and has a great variety when it comes to audio recording. It allows you to record online audio or radio streams from any website. It automatically identifies the songs from your recordings, along with the album and artist. What’s more, it can even detect and remove the silent sections from your recordings. The software makes updates frequently and highly compatible with the latest Mac OS X El Capitan.
- Download the software by clicking the above button and install it on your desktop.
- First select the “Audio source” (microphone for voice, system sound for streaming music, in-game sound, radio shows, or both).
- Play the audio on Mac or speak through mic, hit the “Record” button to start recording.
- If at any point you need to take a break, hit the “Pause/resume” button.
- Once you are finished, just press “Stop”, then the audio will be saved to “Library”.
Except record audio manually, this application allows you to make audio recording on MacBook Pro automatically when you are not around. With the built-in task scheduler, all you have to do is name the task and set the proper time intervals in which you want to record. Then, it will start to record audio at set time. Besides, you can convert files to a wide variety of formats and even do basic editing on your files with the inlaid “Audio Editor”.
If you don’t need too many options and just want to record audio on MacBook Pro in a smart way, Piezo is the way to go. This little app allows you to jump right in, without having to worry too much about technical aspects. Featuring a simple design and a really intuitive interface, Piezo is great for very simple recordings.
- After installing the app, launch it and select the audio source. There are lots of sources that you can choose such as: iTunes, Skype, Chrome, Spotify, microphone and etc.
- Click the gear icon and choose an output directory.
- Press the red record button to begin recording, and play the audio you wish to save.
- Later, press the record button again to end recording.
- Give a name to the recorded file.
Download Vinyl Phonograph To Macbook Pro 2020
That’s about it, this is as easy as you it can get. However, Piezo is designed for basic recordings, so there are quite a few limitations. You have a couple of quality settings, but the highest one can only record at 256 Kbps, which may not be enough for your expectations. You are also limited to the MP3 format, which means that you will need a converter to get a different format.
As you could see, recording audio is an easy task, but you may spend some time in choosing a helpful audio recorder for MacBook Pro. QuickTime is great for casual users, as it is free and accessible. Piezo is outstanding for people who want to get things done quickly and don’t need the highest quality in their recordings. However, if you intend to create quality content on a regular basis, Apowersoft Audio Recorder is your best choice.
Nowadays the Apple Inc. plays a significant role in computer manufactures. MacBook Pro is an amazing product developed by Apple, which features smooth running speed, gorgeous appearance and lasting battery power. With these advantages, more and more people are prone to choose a MacBook Pro as their working and study tools. When it comes to making videos of gameplay, tutorial or presentation on Mac, users may not get adequate selections of recorder application for Mac. In order to help those users, the following part will give an explicit demonstration to teach them how to record video on MacBook Pro.
I. Amazing Third party applications
1. Apowersoft Mac Screen Recorder
Apowersoft Mac Screen Recorder is a professional application for recording the screen on Mac. It allows you to record your activity in full screen, customized area and webcam. In the meanwhile, you can also record multiple audio sources (System sound, Microphone or both) along with screen recording. It supports exporting recorded video in the format of MP4 which can be played on various devices. Moreover, its built-in converter allows you to convert and merge video clips in batch. To know how to make a video on MacBook Pro with this application, you can check the steps below.
- Download and install Apowersoft Mac Screen Recorder in your computer.
- Launch it then go to “Options” to customize recording settings. (You can also set preferable hotkeys in “Options” panel to control recording processes).
- Drag down the menu of “Audio input” to choose needed audio source (System sound, Microphone or both).
- Select recording mode (Region, Full screen or Web camera) from “Record” menu.
- Click “Record” to start recording.
- Press “Stop” button on control bar when you want to finish recording.
Tips: During recording, you can also insert your webcam in recording area by clicking the webcam icon on control bar. This function can help you to make picture-in-picture video which is more vivid. Besides, a task scheduler is also available in this application, which can record screen automatically during your absence. You will find this tool handy when you need to record screen at your absence from computer.
Screencast-O-Matic is a famous application which is also compatible with Mac OS. The users-friendly interface and practical functions win the favors of users. It allows you to record your screen as videos in the formats of MP4, AVI, FLV and even GIF. In addition, this application can also share your videos to YouTube immediately after recording video on MacBook Pro. You can do as follow.
- Download and install Screencast-O-Matic in your Mac then launch it.
- Click Microphone icon to choose desired audio input on interface.
- Adjust recording frame to preferable size then click “Start” button on control bar.
- Press “Stop” button to finish recording.
- Publish recorded video to YouTube or save in local drive on the pop up interface after recording.
Unfortunately, there’s no converter or video editor available in this application. In the meanwhile, the trial version allows users to record video for only 15 minutes with watermark attached.
II. Default Solution for recording MacBook Pro
QuickTime is the default media player for Mac which supports playing video and audio of multiple formats. Actually, QuickTime is also capable of recording audio and video on your screen. You can then export recorded video to Mac drive as MOV file. After that, check the video you recorded just like watching a movie. You will know how to record videos on MacBook Pro with QuickTime from the instructions below.
- Launch QuickTime.
- Click “File” > “New Screen Recording” on the top menu bar.
- Drag a certain region on screen for regional recording (Double click the screen for full screen recording).
- Click “Stop” button on the menu bar when you want to end recording.
- The recorded video will be played automatically for reviewing, close playing window to rename and save in any preferable directory.
Although QuickTime is the most convenient method for recording video on MacBook Pro, the MOV file it records isn’t supported by most of players or portable devices. For this case, you may consider the former two applications which work even better than QuickTime.
Nevertheless, these three solutions above are quite useful in recording screen on MacBook Pro, and the operation steps are extremely simple which can be grasped by users easily. Wishing all of you will learn how to record video on MacBook Pro from the instructions above.