This article explains how to download and install Firefox on a Mac.
- If you are updating from a previous version of Firefox, see Update Firefox to the latest release.
If you use an old version of OS X, see these articles for more information:
I am trying to download the firefox.dmg file from a windows computer to put on a flash drive and install on a MacBook air and cant find it. Thunderbird lets you choose your language and operating system but not firefox. Thanks for the link! Now others can find it too! Download the latest version of Firefox for Mac; Install Firefox; This will repair Firefox will keeping your profile including bookmarks and settings. An easier and safer option is to use CleanMyMac’s Uninstaller to repair Firefox with a reset: Launch CleanMyMac and click on Uninstaller; Click on Mozilla Firefox; Click on a small arrow next to. Remove Firefox from your Mac. Delete installation folders of Firefox: (which located in C: Program Files Mozilla Firefox or C: Program Files (x86) Mozilla Firefox). Download a new version of the Firefox browser. Double-click on it and follow the installation process. Last, Firefox crashing on startup may due to some malware or software. Apple has begun sales of its new $999 MacBook Air and $1,199 MacBook Pro laptops, as well as its revamped $699 Mac Mini no-frills desktop, which all run the new M1 chip that serves as the brains.
To download and install Firefox:
- Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Safari). It will automatically detect the platform and language on your computer and recommend the best version of Firefox for you.
- Click .
- Note: If you want to have a choice of the language for your Firefox installation, click the Download options and other languages link instead.
- Once the download has completed, the file (Firefox.dmg) may open by itself and pop open a Finder window containing the Firefox application. Drag the Firefox icon on top of the Applications folder in order to copy it there.
- Note: If you do not see this window, open the Firefox.dmg file that you downloaded.
- After dragging Firefox to the Applications folder, hold down the control key while clicking in the window and select Eject 'Firefox' from the menu.
Mozilla Firefox For Macbook Pro
Tip: You can add Firefox to your dock for easy access. Just open your Applications folder and drag Firefox to the dock.
Firefox is now ready for use. Just click on its icon in the dock or Applications folder to start it.
Firefox Download Macbook Air
Download Firefox For Macbook Air
When you first start up Firefox, you will be warned that you downloaded Firefox from the Internet. Because you download Firefox from the official site, click .
Download Firefox On Macbook Air
Upon installation, Firefox will not be your default browser, which you'll be notified about. That means that when you open a link in your mail application, an Internet shortcut, or HTML document, it will not open in Firefox. If you want Firefox to do those things, click . If you're just trying out Firefox or simply do not wish to set Firefox as your default browser, click .