Want to find a reliable DVD player software to play DVD movies or Blu-rays for free on our Mac and Windows PC? And need a DVD player to play your DVD collections? Here in this article, we pick up top 5 free DVD player for Mac (Sierra) and Windows allowing you to play DVDs in Windows and Mac for free. Read on and find your desired one.
Download Free Mac Bluray Player for Mac to play Blu-ray disc/movies and watch 1080p HD/4K video on Mac.
- With its 8X DVD-R writing speed, you can quickly transfer data from your DVD or CD to your MacBook or iMac. During the style evolution, LG’s optical drive has achieved a new status from slimmer to the slimmest. The product occupies little space on your desk and delivers the best performance every time you insert a CD or DVD.
- Question: Q: How to Connect DVD Player to Macbook Pro I have a few DVDs from different regions that I would like to watch, but because of the '5 tries then your stuck in that region' that comes with the Mac's built in DVD player I fear watching them on my laptop (I don't want to watch my region3, and then never be able to watch my region1s).
The Best DVD Creator - DVD Creator
iSkysoft DVD Creator for Mac (or iSkysoft DVD Creator for Windows) is not just the easy DVD player for Mac and Windows, but also it is specially deigned as a DVD creator. If you have captured some family movies or downloaded your favorite videos from the Internet, you can use this DVD player software to make DVDs. So you can play the videos and movies with your home DVD players on TV or on other media players anytime you want. Just try it out!
Key Features of this DVD Creator:
- Brand new designed user-friendly interface.
- Burn YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo and more to DVD.
- Create DVD from videos captured by iPhone and other devices.
- Easily edit videos and provide hundreds of free DVD menus.
- Support to import photos to create slideshow with background music.
Top 5 Free DVD Player Software for Mac
1. Apple DVD Player
To use Apple DVD Player for Mac, simply insert your DVD-Video disc in the computer and it will automatically display the disc’s DVD menu screen. You need to use your mouse to select items on the menu items. You can also use navigational buttons using the DVD Player Controller. If set to full screen mode, you will not be able to view the screen menu bar but can easily access by moving your pointer to the screen’s top. To change window sizes, select size from the view menu or video menu on Mac OS X v10.6 and earlier. To play a movie, click on Play Movie while in the DVD menu. When you play DVD with the DVD Player Controller, you can turn subtitles on or off, skip chapters, fast forward or rewind, stop, pause and much more.
- Pros: Comes bundled in Mac machines.
- Cons: You need to have a built in optical drive or external Apple USB SuperDrive that comes with a DVD Player.
- Platforms: Mac OS X 10.5 and above
2. VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is one of the most popular DVD player software for Mac and Windows. To play a DVD disc with VLC Media Player, open the File menu, choose Open Disc from the resultant menu item. While in the Open Disk Dialog Box, select DVD. When reading the DVD you have the option to enable DVD menus through selecting DVD Disc Type from the wxWidgets Interface. In Mac OS X interface, you can accomplish the same by selecting Use DVD menus. Select the drive that contains the DVD you want to read, through providing the related drive letter or name of device in the Device Name input box. On Mac OS X, this is automatically detected. Click Ok to start playback.
- Pros: Easy to use, flexible, lightweight and has support for HD and BluRay discs.
- Cons: The user interface is basic and is slicker in Mac versions.
- Platforms: Mac OS X, Windows
3. Mac Media Player
Mac Media Player could be the best DVD player for Mac to enjoy DVD movies. For starters, you need to select it as the default DVD player in Mac. Open CDs & DVDs under Hardware and select ignore for item marked when you insert a video DVD. Insert the DVD into the driver; some DVDs are automatically launched while others will require you to open those using open buttons (Open File or Open Disc). To play a DVD ISO file, select the Open File button, navigate to the location of the file, and press on PLAY button to start playback.
- Pros: Mac Media Player is a powerful high def video player with hardware acceleration capabilities.
- Cons: Has the potential to use up plenty of system resources
- Platforms: Mac OS X 10.5 to 10.9 for V2.9.2
It is crucial to understand that MPlayerOSX package will install both MplayerOSX with SMPlayer as the front-end application. MplayerOSX is a binary distribution for Mplayer (Linux’ Movie Player) and is native to Mac OS X. Upon installation, you can then simply use drag and drop to play your DVD files in either full screen or window modes.
- Pros: Lightweight, offers video compatibility is impressive and compares favorably with other players in the market.
- Cons: MPlayerOSX offers no way to save playlists, while trying to access the menu, videos will pause and the software is unstable a few times.
- Platforms: Mac OS X 10.5 and later
You can use QuickTime to open DVD movie files on hard disk or DVD. Use Finder or Windows Explorer and either double click on the file or drag it into the QuickTime Player icon. You can also select File from the menu options, click on Open, and navigate to the file you wish to play.
- Pros: QuickTime has a slick yet easy to use interface, integrates well with OS X and the PRO version gives you the ability to edit and convert video files.
- Cons: Slow while launching, it has been superseded by QuickTime X in Mac, requires regular updating to get maximal use out of it and is suitable for Macs.
- Platforms: Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later, windows
Filmora Video Editor - Edit Videos in Any Format
- You can edit videos/photos/audio in any format from any sources including mobile, camera, or online.
- It allows you to easily cut, crop, trim, rotate, split combine videos or apply effects to video.
- You can export video to specified format, to YouTube or mobile phones, or burn to DVD.
Free Download Dvd Player For Macbook Pro 2020
Macbook Pro Cd Player
System：Microsoft® Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP2 or later) Intel Core2 Duo 2.4GHz processor or equivalent AMD Athlon™ processor or higher recommended, 512 MB RAM or higher recommended, 250 MB of free disk space, An internal or external DVD drive or Blu-ray drive, Internet Connection
Take a closer look:
The most outstanding feature of the product is that it can not only support DVDs, but also can play Blu-ray files. You can simply watch the Blu-ray files by a perfect drag to the interface and ensure that your computer runs well in a smooth network environment. No other plug-in boards are needed for watching Blu-ray movies, letting alone DVD playback. It can play the disc automatically once you insert it into your drive.
You can select the arbitrary chapter of the movie, the audio, and subtitles as you like from the navigation panel. can help you choose another file while you are watching. Click on , you can return to the main interface.
Share what you want to say by a single click of the share button. 'Hi dude, I’m watching Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets with Easy DVD, feel good.'