iMovie is an excellent program to edit video clips for Mac or iOS systems. In order to download iMovie for free, you might have to jailbreak on iOS device first. The article explains the best iMovie alternatives and the detail ways to get iMovie for free. Check out more detail from the article now.
The Best iMovie Equivalent for Windows: Tipard Total Media Converter
When you are looking for iMovie fro Windows, Tipard Total Media Converter is your right choice. It has the similar functionalities as iMovie and has a user-friendly interface. What's more, the program is able to convert DVD and other video formats that are not supported by iMovie.
- 1. The powerful converting function supports DVD, video formats and fashionable portable devices compatible formats. You can extract the video clips as resource from anywhere you want.
- 2. The amazing editing functions should also be mentioned. Except for the basic editing functions, such as trim, crop, split, combine, add text or watermark, you can also convert video to 3D video.
- 3. With the advanced NVIDIA CUDA & AMD APP encoding technology, you are able to enjoy the 6X faster for converting speed now.
- 4. Enhance the video quality and customize the settings for the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, video bitrate and customize the settings of Audio encoder.
The program gives Mac users an easy-to-use yet powerful video maker – and it’s already built into their machine. Unfortunately, Apple developers have not provided a way to download iMovie for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. However, people still search “download iMovie for PC”.
- IMovie Version Guide: Free Download iMovie 9/10/11 or Any Version. IMovie is a video editing software application sold by Apple Inc. For the Mac and iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch). It was originally released in 1999 as a Mac OS 8 application. From 2003, iMovie is included free with all new Mac computers.
- Download iMovie for Mac - Provides a plethora of tools that will help you turn ordinary home videos into captivating Hollywood-style trailers that are fun to watch and share. 139,135 downloads Updated: November 13, 2020 Freeware.
- Download imovie hd mac lion for free. Audio & Video tools downloads - iMovie HD old by Apple Inc. And many more programs are available for instant and free download.
- IMovie for Mac is a basic video editing software for Mac. But it will cost $14.99 if users want to download iMovie for Mac as a stand-alone software, which means this video editor for Mac can not be freely downloaded from AppStore. It is obvious that iMovie download for free is not easy for Mac users.
As for the Mac users, you can also use the program to convert videos from different channels to the compatible format of iMovie. It should be the best converter and edit to go with iMovie.
How to Get iMovie for Free on iOS device and Mac
Here is the good news for the users purchased after September 1st 2013. Apple announced that they would make the iOS versions and Mac of their iWork apps, iPhoto and iMovie for free. You can find iPhoto is updated to Photos several months ago. If you still have not get iMovie for free, you can check whether you are meeting the requirements.
- 1. The device must have been purchased after September 1st 2013.
- 2. You should install iOS 7 or later operation system.
- 3. As for the Mac computer, you need Mac OS X Mavericks or above operation systems.
Here is the download link for iMovie if you still cannot get iMovie for free or remove iMovie by accident. In order to make sure you download iMovie for free, you need check whether you have to pay US$4.99. Here is the guidance for the first time launch and manually download.
Download iMovie for first time launch
Usually after you set up for your iPhone, iPad or Mac, you can access the iMovie in iPhone for free. The Apple Store will download all free apps made by Apple for the first time you launch the Apple Store. Once you meet all eligibility requirements, you can get iMovie for free when you access App Store.
- 1. Launch Apple Store from Mac or the Home screen of iPhone/iPad.
- 2. For the iOS device, you can tap on Download All of the pop up screen to get iMovie for free.
- 3. As for the Mac operation system, you can search for the program from App Store. And then click the Get Button to download the program for free.
- 4. Enter the Apple ID and Password to download iMovie program on your Mac or iOS device now.
Download iMovie manually in Apple Store
If you have deleted iMovie previously or accidently dismissed the popup the first time you launch the App Store. You can also get iMovie, iWork apps and Photos back in one place by following steps.
- 1. Launch Apple Store from Mac or the Home screen of iPhone/iPad similar as the initial download.
- 2. From the Featured tab, scroll down and tap on the New to App Store? Tile under Collections.
- 3. And then you can access to all the Apps Made by Apple from the scroll down towards the bottom.
- 4. You can get a list of all the Apple applications. Click the Free icon of iMovie to download iMovie for your iOS device.
For Mac users, which do not have a collection list for Apple applications, you can search for iMovie directly for another download. The method can also be used for iOS device if you still cannot find iMovie.
What can you do with iMovie
Once you get iMovie for free, you need to learn more detail about how to take advantage of the excellent free program. Here are the most important features you should know about iMovie.
- 1. As for iPhone users, you can import video straight from iPhone to iMovie, and then you can also access the video on Mac. For more and more footage are taken by iPhone, it is helpful to edit videos in iMovie directly.
- 2. Another feature specifically for videos taken by iPhone is the Stabilization effect on shaky video. When you add a clip to Timeline, you can click on Adjust > Stabilize > Stabilize Shaky Footage.
- 3. If you just get the latest version of Mac Book Pro, you can also use the Magic Trackpad multi touch gesture to edit the videos of iMovie within your fingerprint.
- 4. When you need some professional program to further edit the iMovie videos, you can also use Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro. All the programs support iMovie projects.
- 5. Create an instant reply for good action shots. The Instant Replay option adds a second version of the clip at the new speed with an Instant Replay graphic.
- 6. No only the photographs on iPhone or Mac, you can also access Facebook directly to add resource to iMovie for further editing.
- 7. When you use multiple Apple device, you can also use iCloud to sync the project files or just use the iMovie to sync files between different devices with ease.
- 8. Sport Team editor is feature for sport events. Sports Team theme video be sure to check out the Sports Team Editor. Found under Window > Sports Team Editor you can get a menu for your team.
Except for the above gorgeous features, you can also access to the basic editing functions within iMovie without problem. And there are multiple transitions, pictures and effects within iMovie, which you can use freely without extra download. When you are not convenient to use iMovie on your travel, the iMovie for iOS device enable you to edit the files on the go.
Here is the way you can get iMove for free and take advantage of the excellent program. It should be a long article to explain all the nice features of iMovie in one article. You only have to download iMovie for free and explore more functions according to your requirements.
The major drawback of iMovie is the supported format, which only supports MP4, MOV and limited formats. In order to import other formats or even the DVD files to iMovie. Tipard Total Media Converter is the right choice for you. If you have any query related to get iMovie for free, you can contact me with more detail information.
Follow @Lily Stark
November 24, 2016 7:02
- Best Video Cropper on How to Crop Video for PC/Mac and iPhone/Android
How to crop a video with Video Cropping Tool? This article would show the best Video Cropper and the detailed steps to crop a video for Windows/Mac and iOS/Android, totally solve your problem.
- How to Download YouTube Videos via YouTube Video Downloader
Want to save YouTube videos free? You can learn how to download YouTube videos to your PC/Mac/Android/iOS with YouTube video downloaders in this post.
- How to Embed A YouTube Video in PowerPoint
Want to put a YouTube video in PowerPoint? You can learn how to embed a YouTube video in PowerPoint 2016/2013/2010/2007 in this post.
- The Best Websites to Download TV Shows
In order to enjoy the TV shows on iPhone, you need to know the best websites that you are able to download TV shows with excellent quality.
Easy. From the first scene to the last.
Whether you’re using a Mac or an iOS device, it’s never been easier to make it in the movies. Just choose your clips, then add titles, music and effects. iMovie even supports 4K video for stunning cinema-quality films. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a wrap.
Imovie Download For Windows 10
Select from dozens of styles to add beautifully animated titles and credits to your movies.
Choose from 10 creative video filters that add a cinematic touch. Give your film a nostalgic monochrome style, a vintage western appearance or a futuristic cool-blue look. It’s simple to apply filters to individual clips or your entire movie at once.
Make action shots more exciting by changing their speed.* Add a broadcast feel to your school project with picture-in-picture and split-screen effects. Or place your characters in exotic locations using green-screen effects in iMovie for macOS.
Imovie Dmg Download
Built-in music, sound effects and voiceover recording make it easy to create a movie that sounds as good as it looks.
The feel-good trailer of the year.
You have hundreds of videos. And one big dream to be a filmmaker. iMovie trailers let you quickly create fun, Hollywood-style trailers from all that footage. Choose from a range of templates in almost any genre, pick your studio logo, and type in your film title and credits. Then add photos and videos to the storyboard. Whether you’re using an iPhone, iPad or Mac, you’ll have an instant blockbuster.
Cut from iPhone to iPad to Mac.
iMovie for iOS and iMovie for macOS are designed to work together. You can start cutting a project on your iPhone. Then use AirDrop or iCloud Drive to wirelessly transfer it to your iPad. Or transfer a project from your iPad to your Mac to take advantage of additional features and add finishing touches like colour correction, green-screen effects and animated maps. Time to take a bow.
You have a great touch for making movies.
iMovie is even easier to use with the new MacBook Pro, featuring the revolutionary Touch Bar. The most useful commands automatically appear on the keyboard, just where you need them. And MacBook Pro easily powers through demanding 4K video projects so you can edit and export in record time.
A powerful performance in every movie.
iMovie delivers a tour de force on iPad Pro. Work with multiple 4K video clips. Create effects like picture-in-picture or split screen and play them back instantly. Use keyboard shortcuts to speed up your editing performance. And with the USB‑C port on the new iPad Pro, you can connect to an external display to show others your latest cut in 4K while you continue editing.
iMovie is easy to use, and it’s free. Just click to download and install on your Mac or iOS device.Download iMovie for iOSDownload iMovie for macOS
Imovie Free Mac Download Software
Imovie Free Mac Download
Clips is a free iOS app for making and sharing fun videos with text, effects, graphics and more.