This article explains how to install Java 6 32bit on Mac OSX 10.10 Yosemite.
Java 6 32bit is required when using the 32bit installer for PDF Studio – a powerful, low cost Adobe® Acrobat® alternative for Mac OSX. Note that the 32bit installer is no longer the recommended installer. The new recommended installer for PDF Studio is 64bit and does no longer require Java 6.
Steps to install Java 6 If you wish to continue with the old / original installer
Q: I upgraded my mac to OSX 10.10 Yosemite & 10.11 El Capitan and I am having trouble opening PDF Studio. I receive the message: “To open “PDF Studio 9” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime.” How can I fix this?
Running some applications on Mac version 10.12 Sierra, 10.10 Yosemite and 10.11 El Capitan, users are asked to install Java even after installing the latest version of Java. Another reason for the reemerging prompt to download legacy Java SE 6 runtime is that a system might already have one out of three Java 9 updates or even Java SE 10, which. Hello, you do not know how to resolve installation JAVA sixth after installation EL Capitano not I java 6, and applications that need it. Java 6 is not even install it agrees that a newer version, I've tried to remove the instructions on the java oracle. Thanks for the help. How to fix this application requires the legacy Java SE 6 runtime which is unavailable for this version of the OS X If anyone is using the beta version of El. Hello, you do not know how to resolve installation JAVA sixth after installation EL Capitano not I java 6, and applications that need it. Java 6 is not even install it agrees that a newer version, I've tried to remove the instructions on the java oracle. Thanks for the help. Oct 01, 2015 Java for OS X 2015-001 installs the legacy Java 6 runtime for OS X 10.11 El Capitan, OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, and OS X 10.7 Lion. This package is exclusively intended for support of legacy software and installs the same deprecated version of Java 6 included in the 2014-001 and 2013-005 releases.
A: Like other applications such as Dreamweaver or Creative Suite, PDF Studio requires Java 6 in order to run. During the upgrade process to Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or 10.11 El Capitan, Java may be uninstalled from your system. In order to reinstall and run PDF Studio you will need to install the Java 6 Runtime again. You may receive a dialog that will direct you to the site where you can download the Java 6 Runtime. Once installed you can proceed as normal with installing and using PDF Studio. You can follow the instructions below to complete the Java 6 installation.
Installing Java SE 6 Runtime
- Click on the “More Info…” button. The “More Info” button may be broken on some Yosemite minor versions. If so, go to the Mac Support site (support.apple.com/kb/DL1572) to download Java 6.
- Click on the Download button on the Mac support page
- This will begin downloading the Java installer. You can see the current status of the download on your dock.
- Once the download is complete, click on the downloads icon on the dock to open the download folder. Then click on the file labeled JavaForOSX2014-001.dmg to open the download.
- Then double click on the JavaForOSX.pkg file to open the Java 6 installer
- Follow the installation instructions to complete installing Java 6 on your system
- Once the installation is complete you can proceed as normal with installing and/or using PDF Studio. In some cases, you may need to reinstall PDF Studio as well due to the way that the Mac OSX 10.10 upgrade rearanges the files on the system.
Legacy Java Se 6 Runtime Mac El Capitan Download Free
If you come across any issues at all please feel free to let us know by going to Help->Email Support or sending us an email directly to [email protected]