- Free Trial Malwarebytes Premium; Cleans infected Mac: Prevents Mac virus, spyware, and malware infections. Malwarebytes for Mac is one of very few pieces of software that I recommend to ALL Mac users.' Download a proven anti-malware scanner with real-time protection such as Malwarebytes.
- Malwarebytes has finally released its free Anti-Malware program — which since 2008 has worked to rid PCs of dodgy software — for the Mac. Here's how to download this useful application.
Download Malwarebytes for Mac (the free version) and you get a 14-day trial of the premium version with automatic (real-time) virus and malware protection. After 14 days, your trial reverts to a limited disinfection scanner. Buy the premium version now to prevent infection in the first place.
Most Mac OS users believed that the system is not prone to any malware attack. This has been proven wrong for a long time. Maybe, Mac systems are less vulnerable but still it can be targeted anytime by malicious software such as adware and malware. It has firm built-in security coming from the factory but once user integrates third party applications, Mac systems can be vulnerable to threats.
Even though anti-virus program is installed on your Mac system, this doesn’t mean that it is running clean and well protected. Security programs especially outdated ones tend to have some flaw which is being exploited by malware authors to conceal presence of their malicious code. Thus, it is still vital that you scan the system with anti-malware software. Unlike most anti-virus programs, anti-malware can find less prevailing threats such as adware, browser hijacker, pop-up ads, and browser redirects.
It has been an extensive drive for Malwarebytes Anti-malware to eliminate malicious software from PC and it is always been proven effective ever since. Now it’s time for Mac OS user to attest how effective this program is. Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac is now made available for public use through Malwarebytes official website and partners.
Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac can work alongside your anti-virus program. It is not advisable to remove your existing anti-virus application since Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac has no real-time protection to guard your computer against incoming threats. This tool was made to remove malware that your anti-virus program failed to detect.
How to Download, Install, and Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac
Disclaimer: By downloading and using this tool, you are considered to have read the owner’s disclaimer and agreed to terms and conditions as declared on the official web site.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from official website. Save the file on your hard drive.
Malwarebytes Free Download
You can also DOWNLOAD MBAM for Mac Scanner (this will open on a new window)
2. Open your Download folder and double-click on MBAM-Mac-version.dmg to mount the image.
3. After mounting the disk image, please drag Malwarebytes Anti-malware icon to Applications folder.
Anti Malware For Mac
4. Next, launch Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from Application folder.
5. When confirmation window prompts if you want to open the file, please click Open to continue.
6. Install Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac with the default settings.
Malwarebytes Anti Malware Free
7. After installation, MBAM will download all necessary updates. This may take a while.
Malwarebytes Anti Malware Free Trial
8. Once finish updating the tool, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac window will open.
Apple Malwarebytes Anti Malware Free
9. On the graphical user interface, click on Scan to start checking the computer for malware. Remove all detected threats by selecting all that are presented on the list, then click the Remove button.