RIFT is an epic fantasy adventure set in the magical world of Telara. As an Ascended hero, you’ll battle against legions of elemental invaders, purge evils from dungeons and raids, and explore your way across the vast planes of existence. Download VR software on your PC to set up Oculus Rift S and Oculus Rift. Download the Oculus mobile app on your phone to set up Oculus Quest and Oculus Go. To play Oculus Rift content on Quest 2, install the Oculus App on a compatible gaming computer, then connect your headset using the Oculus Link cable or similar high-quality USB 3 cable. Once you are on the Windows OS, download the Oculus Rift software onto your Mac from the Oculus website. Step 5: Follow the instruction on the Oculus Rift Software and also set up your device physically. And there you go, that’s how you can connect your Oculus Rift to your Mac. If you haven't already heard, Apple, Valve, and HTC have all teamed up to bring VR to the Mac on macOS High Sierra. Using either an externally mounted graphics processing unit (eGPU) or using the adequately powered Vega GPU inside the iMac Pro, you can now be part of the VR/AR revolution whilst running Mac hardware and software. MacBook Pro 16' macOS Big Sur macOS Catalina tvOS 14. First download the Rift' setup tool which will automatically install the rift'software and then proceed with.GoPro VR player is a free 360° video player. It allows you to play and interact with your 360° videos/360° panoramas on your computer and on your Oculus Rift (the FOV is 90° without an Oculus) or HTC Vive (now supported on macOS High Sierra 10.13). Leap Motion and Intel RealSense devices are also supported.
Turn at 360 degrees, zoom in and out and change for one of the four projections. It supports HLS with the AVF backend on macOS to watch live 360 events. A free plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro is also available to let you preview your video in realtime (See GoPro VR Player for Desktop Additional Features), spatial audio is available once a supported Ambisonic format is detected, OpenVR (Windows & macOS) and Steam VR also supported on macOS High Sierra and many other cool features.
GoPro VR Player for Desktop Common Questions
Requirements and Recommendations
Windows, OSX and macOS Sierra/High Sierra
Graphic cards that support OpenGL 2.0 minimum
OSX 10.10 (Yosemite), OSX 10.11 (El Capitan), OSX 10.12 (Sierra), OSX 10.13 (High Sierra)
Windows (64bits only): 7, Windows 8 & 8.1, Windows 10 recommended
Windows OS: Windows 10 (64bits only) Video Card NVIDIA GTX 970 minimum CPU Intel i7 8Go RAM
Mac OS: OSX 10.13 - MacBook Pro Retina 15' Video Card AMD Radeon R9 M370X CPU Intel i7 8Go RAM macOS with SteamVR: OSX 10.13
iMac Retina 27' Video Card AMD Radeon Pro 570 minimum CPU Intel i7 8Go RAM
* Depending on the video backend and the video container Image file formats supported:TIFF, BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, PBM, PGM, PPM, XBM, XPM and SVG
Step1: Download the installer here:
Step 2: Open the file that was just downloaded either by clicking on the download icon in your web browser or file in the downloads folder of OSX/macOS Finder or Windows Explorer.
Step 3 : Go through the GoPro VR Player installer process and select the options you want to be installed.
The player control bar appears when moving the mouse to the bottom of the window.
- Play and Pause the video or the playlist
- Loop disabled / Loop activated (replay all the videos and/or images sequentially). Loop activated for one single video (only replay the selected video or image)
- Sound on and Mute sound
- Go to Previous and Next video or image only works with a playlist.
- Enter and Exit fullscreen mode
Download Software For Macbook ProNote: Enter/Exit fullscreen mode with a mouse double click (or by double touching the screen)
Download Macbook Pro Os Disk
Which video/image file formats are supported?
360° still panoramas in standard file formats: TIFF, BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, PBM, PGM, PPM, XBM, XPM and SVG
- Auto : will automatically apply values finded in metadata (values of theses fields are displayed in the software log) if the player finds them (stereoscopy, input projection, editor tool, initial yaw/pitch/roll values, frame size and video framerate). Metadata detection is based on Google spherical video specification: https://github.com/google/spatial-media
- Cubemap: for Facebook 360 3:2 cubemap input type
- Loop mode: lets you replay one single video or image, the whole playlist or disable the loop
- Playback speed: lets you specify the playback speed of a video file (0.5x, 1.0x or 2.0x). Also available into the Playback top menu
- Image display duration (seconds) : lets you specify a 360 image display duration before automatically displaying the next one from the playlist.
- Camera inertia : adds some momentum on camera moves.
- Camera move steps (degrees) : lets you specify steps in degrees when moving camera with keyboard arrows or shortcuts.
- Video decoding: lets you change video backend in case of trouble
- Usage statistics : to facilitate product support, product development and improvement GoPro may collect certain information in an anonymous way about your use of the software. This can be disabled in General settings tab.
- The player is able to stream UDP messages from a primary computer (encoded in UTF-8 and JSON format) in order to display 360 videos to one or more other instances (secondary computers). Some options like camera orientation, video url, playback state and position are available.
- The player can be launched via the command line with some options.
- A free plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro will let you preview what you are doing (compatible with Oculus Rift headset) in realtime.
- The player can also handle stereoscopic contents
- More information available in the documentation: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/view/GoPro_VR_Documentation
Code of Honor
Ranks and Badges
Mounts + Accessories
GoPro Apps - Desktop
GoPro Apps - Mobile
Subscribe to GoPro
Safety + Warranty
|JOIN A GROUP|