The MacBook Air with the M1 processor is the late 2020 model of Apple'sMacBook Air and, along with the late 2020 models of the Mac Mini and MacBook Pro, the first Apple consumer computers to ship with Apple Silicon.
- Apple on Wednesday released an update to its iOS Apple Store app, adding support for the iOS 6 digital coupon and gift card management software Passbook, as well as integration with Siri.
- Siri is the marquee feature in Apple’s next operating system for the Mac, macOS Sierra. Yes, Siri: Apple’s voice interface that was introduced nearly five years ago on the iPhone (and was a.
|CPU||Apple M1 (current)|
|Related articles||MacBook, MacBook Pro|
Admit it, you wish Siri was on your Mac, and so do I. She stole my heart on iOS, and now every time I open up my MacBook, I feel something missing. Wouldn't it be great if we could, I dunno, hack Siri onto our Macs? This is not an Apple-verified version of Siri. It more closely resembles something we'd find via Cydia on a jailbroken iOS device, but she talks like Siri and acts.
|Table of models|
|Model||M1, 2020 (November)|
|Model number (on underside)||A2337|
|Part number (order number)||MGN63LL/A, MGN93LL/A, MGND3LL/A, MGN73LL/A, MGNA3LL/A, MGNE3LL/A|
|Display(glossy)||13.3', native 2560 x 1600 pixels (16:10, 227 ppi) IPS. True Tone P3 display. Lower resolutions supported|
|Graphics (shared with system memory)||7-core or 8-core Apple-designed integrated GPU|
|Processor||3.2 GHz 8-core Apple M1|
|Memory||8 GB LPDDR4X-4266 Unified RAM|
Optional 16 GB at time of purchase, not upgradable after
|Storage||128 GB (education institutions only) 256 GB or 512 GB PCIe-based SSD|
Optional 512 GB, 1 TB, or 2 TB at the time of purchase, not upgradable after
|Keyboard||Magic Keyboard (scissor-switch)|
|Video camera||FaceTime HD (720p)|
|Connectivity||Internal Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax)|
|Peripheral connections||2× Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C4) ports supporting charging|
Supports one display up to 6016x3384 (DSC)
|1× 3.5 mm headphone jack|
|Battery (non-removable lithium-ion polymer)||11.4 V 49.9 W·h (4,379 mA·h)|
|Battery cycle count||1000|
|Unit weight||2.8 lb (1.29 kg)|
|Greenhouse gas emissions||161 kg CO2e with 256GB storage or 181 kg CO2e with 512GB storage|
|Dimensions||11.97 in (30 cm) wide × 8.36 in (21.2 cm) deep × 0.16 in (0.4 cm) to 0.63 in (1.6 cm) high|
The late 2020 model of the MacBook Air has received positive reviews, with much of the praise going to the capabilities of the M1 chip.
In his review for Engadget, Devindra Hardawar gave the MacBook Air a score of 94/100, praising the performance as 'shockingly responsive' and highlighting the lack of fan noise and 'excellent' keyboard and trackpad as among some of the pros. Other than that, he only lightly touched on the laptop's design and feel, citing the fact that it hadn't really changed much since the early 2020 MacBook Air. He did, however, praise the case as feeling 'sturdy as ever'.
Writing for Wired, Julian Chokkattu bemoaned the fact that the Air only came with 2 USB-C ports, but praised the 'great' Magic Keyboard and 'unreal' battery life. He also lauded the fanless design, saying it was something he found himself 'appreciating over and over again'.
Siri For Macbook Pro Download
- ^'MacBook Air (M1, 2020) - Technical Specifications'. support.apple.com. Retrieved 2020-11-20.
- ^'US Education Institution – Hardware and Software Price List'(PDF). November 10, 2020.
- ^'MacBook Air 13' Retina 2018 Teardown'. iFixit. 2018-11-08. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- ^'Apple support: Mac notebooks: Determining battery cycle count'. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- ^'Product Environmental Report 13-inch MacBook Air'(PDF). Apple. November 10, 2020. Retrieved November 13, 2020.
- ^Hardawar, Devindra. 'MacBook Air M1 review: Faster than most PCs, no fan required'. Engadget. Retrieved 19 November 2020.
- ^Chokkattu, Julian. 'Review: MacBook Air (M1, 2020)'. Wired. Retrieved 19 November 2020.